What Is Respite Care?
Respite care defines a short-term break for caregivers. When you need a break to look after your own needs respite care can help.
Being a caregiver is often a tiresome role to play and we understand that taking a break from the day-to-day routine of caregiving is integral to your own wellbeing.
When you need short-term, temporary care for a loved one, you can always count on Kearsley Rehabilitation & Nursing Center. At Kearsley Rehab, we have the facility, the staff, and the services to successfully provide you during your respite stay.
Our solution driven service aims to provide you a temporary break from your caregiving responsibilities. Whether it’s a break in the form of a few days off, a family vacation or special event . . . we have you covered. Our professional team is standing by to provide your loved one with exemplary care.
Benefits of Respite Care
Respite care provides a short-term break that is essential for all involved. Some common benefits include:
- Stress Relief – Everyone needs a break, even if it is just for a short time. Taking a break from care allows one to recharge and restore their energy.
- Time for Yourself – Your life does not need to stop because you are caring for another. Taking time to keep your life in order will give you peace of mind.
- Being a Better Caregiver – If you become overwhelmed by caring for another, you’re at risk for issues like depression, anxiety, sleep.
- Mental and Physical Health – Taking a break is necessary for mental and physical health. A frequent and regular break will prevent both health and stress issues.
The Services at Kearsley Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Include:
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing Care
- Medication Administration
- Daily Activities
- Meal Service
- Availability of Rehabilitation Services
Contact us today to set up a tour and learn more about how respite care may be right for your loved one.